Monday, September 24, 2012

Songs of the Day

   Every once in a while, there's a song that gets stuck in your head. And it just keeps playing over and over until either it gets replaced by a new song, or it just finally kills itself to death and suffocates. These(as named by my cousins and spread through our AI discussions) are known as "Songs of the Day". Had a lot more than normal today.

   Last night is when the school week begins, really. And thankfully, it wasn't a "Never Grow Up" kind of night, as Sundays usually are, endless loops of Taylor and Carrie. Instead, it was another great song, that's still not all that great to live out: "I'm In A Hurry", the Alabama classic.

   This morning began with Rascal Flatts' "What Hurts The Most". Then it was Tim McGraw's "Something Like That", that bridge just lodges itself into your cranium and won't let you go without examining it. And by then I'd eaten breakfast and was waiting for my first class to start, my mouth was kinda hurting a bit from the orthodonist appointment last week. So the Owl City song "Dental Care" was next on the mind-radio's playlist. And for some random reason I found myself singing Jason Aldean's "Tattoos On This Town", too.
   Isaiah 43 is another of those songs that's been often sung and thought about in here, too, as has Come Thou Fount, Great Is Thy Faithfulness, and Mercies Anew.

   Found out I got a B on my history test last Friday(it's a very hard class), I was happy with that. Then, with the curve put onto it, I got an A, Comp I was uneventful, and Strat went all right. And the lunch food in the caf was pretty good today. Then, I get some mail from my friend(and quote, "adopted sister", it's kinda complicated, lol) Amanda, and MassComm was crazy. Disorganized, but creative. All that, the song I was reminded of was Keith Urban's "God's Been Good To Me" and FFH's "It's A Good Day". And He has, and it was. Flag-football practice went pretty well, made a couple decent plays, starting to jell as a team, hopefully we'll do okay once the season starts later this week. Then there was a picnic type of thing with some people from CCF, it was a little spoiled by an attack of giant mosquitoes and bees. But then there was VOLLEYBALL No specific songs for that, but just good camp memories. (And side note, but why is it that the sports I'm best at are the really out-of-the-ordinary ones? Volleyball, ping pong, soccer?) So that was a great way to end a good day, a good beginning to the week.
    And, I've almost survived half a semester of college so far.

   Now to get started on all the projects and things that need to get done tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment